Posts for tag: Invisalign
Do you desire a beautiful smile but shrink from conventional metal braces? Here at Dentistry by Design in Andover, MA, your dentists offer Invisalign clear aligners. These acrylic mouthpieces correct all kinds of orthodontic problems quickly, reliably, and best of all, discreetly. Here's how it all works:
Developed in the 1990s, the Invisalign orthodontic system uses customized acrylic trays to straighten smile problems such as:
- Crowded and overlapping teeth
- Overbite and other bite problems
- Tooth twists and tipping
- Protruding front teeth
Designed with computerized technology, the aligners exert gentle compression and tension on your teeth and the underlying bone. In less than half the treatment time of traditional braces, Invisalign creates excellent smile aesthetics and long-term oral health. Additionally, patients can remove their aligners to eat, brush, and floss, making their daily routines simple and easy.
Monthly check-ups ensure treatment progresses on time. Typically, patients wear 18 to 30 aligners pairs for two weeks each. In the end, they use a removable or bonded on retainer so smiles stay in the perfect position for life.
Your Andover, MA, dentist recommends Invisalign aligners because of:
- Their discreet appearance and ultra-smooth texture
- Ease of oral hygiene and appliance care
- Few to no dietary restrictions
- Precision treatment plans
- Predictable and long-lasting results
- Excellent patient compliance
- Versatility (they treat a wide array of problems)
- Easy clean-up (just remove, brush, floss, and clean the appliances with a mild toothpaste and clear water)
- Bruxism protection (if you grind or clench your teeth)
At Dentistry by Design in Andover, MA, your team of four expert dentists help patients decide if Invisalign aligners are right for their situations. To discover if you qualify for this treatment option, call us for a consultation, and be on your way to improved personal appearance, confidence, and oral health. Phone (978) 475-5333 today.
Have you seen the commercials for Invisalign but aren't sure if the system is the best option for your orthodontic problems? Invisalign, the newest orthodontic treatment method, provides an effective and discreet way to straighten your smile and correct bite problems. Andover, MA, dentists Dr. Nicholas Papapetros, Dr. Jhon Giraldo, and Dr. Leo Kharin of Dentistry by Design offer Invisalign treatment to help you look your best.
Is Invisalign a Good Choice for Me?
Invisalign offers a few benefits that you won't receive with traditional metal or ceramic braces. It may be a good choice if:
- You Want to Straighten Your Teeth but Don't like the Look of Metal Braces: True to its name, Invisalign is practically invisible. Instead of wires and brackets, the system uses clear aligner trays to realign your teeth. If you've been looking for a more subtle straightening option, Invisalign may be the ideal option for you.
- You Want to Correct Crowding or Spacing Issues or Address a Bite Problem: Invisalign is just as effective as traditional braces in correcting bite problems, eliminating overlapping teeth due to crowding, or getting rid of gaps. Severe or complicated bite problems may require treatment with metal braces.
- Your Motto IsThe Simpler the Better: Wire braces definitely make your life more complicated. To avoid damage to them, you would need to skip hard or sticky foods during the entire course of your treatment and would have to spend much more time than usual on oral hygiene. None of these restrictions are needed with Invisalign, as you'll remove your trays to brush, floss, eat, and drink anything other than water. Apples, carrots, and gum will be of no problem!
- You are Disciplined: Invisalign aligner trays are designed to be worn for 22 hours per day, however, they can be taken out from time to time for special occasions. If you keep them out of your mouth too often, you may delay your treatment, but as long as you're disciplined and follow your Andover dentist's wear instructions, you'll soon notice an improved smile.
- You Want Straighter Teeth as Soon as Possible: Invisalign offers quick results for adults. In fact, you may only need to wear your aligner tray for about one year. The usual treatment time for teens applies whether you choose Invisalign or metal or ceramic braces.
Are you ready to choose Invisalign? Call Andover, MA, dentists Dr. Nicholas Papapetros, Dr. Jhon Giraldo, and Dr. Leo Kharin of Dentistry by Design at (978) 475-5333 to schedule an appointment today!
As adults, we tend to become accustomed to our unique physical features. A freckle on the cheek or a streak of gray hair isn't something we'd necessarily want to change. However, crooked teeth can make people feel self-conscious about the way they look, but braces can call too much attention as well. That's why the team of dentists at Dentistry by Design in Andover, MA, offer Invisalign, a discrete, comfortable, and effective way for adults to straighten their teeth. Learn how Dr. Jhon Giraldo, Dr. Leo Kharin, and Dr. Nicholas Papapetros help you straighten out your smile on your terms!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses the science behind traditional braces - placing pressure on the teeth to move them into the proper position - by transferring that method into clear, flexible plastic trays called aligners that fit directly against the teeth. These aligners are made in a series so they can be switched out to continue the process as your teeth move into place. Not only are these aligners practically invisible to others, they can also be removed so you're free to eat what you like without fear of damage.
When can I take my aligners out?
For best results, your Andover dentist suggests that your Invisalign trays should only be removed at mealtimes. They can then be replaced in your mouth after you brush your teeth. We'll show you the best way to keep them clean.
How long does Invisalign take to work?
Each of our patients' alignment issues are unique, so treatment time and number of aligners will vary. It may only take a couple months before your teeth begin appearing more even. On average, many people see final results from Invisalign within a year to 18 months. One way you can make sure you're on schedule is by following your Andover dentist's recommendation to wear your aligners every day for at least 20 to 22 hours.
If you're ready to get started on your new and improved smile, contact Dentistry By Design in Andover, MA, and ask to set up an appointment with Dr. Kharin, Dr. Giraldo, or Dr. Papapetros today!
Orthodontic treatment is an important aspect of dentistry which helps align the biting surface of your smile, straighten your teeth, and correct the aesthetic issues in your smile. However, traditional metal braces may not seem like the best fit for you, especially if you are a busy adult or a teen concerned with how braces may change their look. Luckily, your Andover, MA dentists can provide you with the option of correcting your smile without compromising your look at all. Learn about Invisalign and what it can do for you with your dentists at Dentistry By Design.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses the same principals as traditional braces in that it uses careful pressure applied to the teeth to move them into new positions. Instead of doing this with metal brackets and wires like traditional braces, Invisalign uses aligner trays made from plastic. The trays are comfortable and clear in appearance, meaning that others may not even notice you have braces at all. While traditional braces may compromise your look with their obvious appearance, Invisalign allows you to straighten your teeth discreetly without others knowing.
The Benefits of Invisalign
In addition to being virtually invisible, Invisalign is removable. While traditional braces require thorough cleaning, brushing and flossing between every bracket and wire, patients can simply remove Invisalign and go about their oral care routine as they always have. Brushing twice daily, flossing once and rinsing your trays before replacing them is enough to keep your mouth healthy throughout treatment. Patients may also remove Invisalign when they eat, making it unnecessary to avoid certain foods or feel embarrassed about food becoming lodged in your braces.
Invisalign Treatment in Andover, MA
Patients should understand that, in order for their treatment to be successful, they should wear Invisalign at least 22 hours a day, including during the night while sleeping. Commitment to wearing the aligner trays will keep the treatment on track and avoid requiring extra time or wearing additional trays. A good candidate for Invisalign understands that proper oral hygiene is crucial to treatment. Simple problems like cavities can lengthen treatment times and cause complications.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dentistry By Design in Andover, MA. Call (978) 475-5333 to schedule an Invisalign consultation with your dentist today!
Would you like straighter teeth, but don't like the look of metal braces? Invisalign offers the perfect option for you. Dr. Nicholas Papapetros, Dr. Jhon Giraldo and Dr. Leo Kharin, your Andover, MA dentists at Dentistry by Design, share some information about this innovative brace system.
Invisalign offers clear advantages
There's no way to hide traditional metal braces. Every time you open your mouth to talk, smile, laugh, sing or even yawn, it's obvious that you wear braces. Removable Invisalign aligner trays are made of comfortable, clear plastic, which means that your braces are almost invisible.
There are no adjustments with Invisalign
The Invisalign system uses a series of aligner trays, instead of wires and brackets, to move your teeth. Every two weeks, you'll begin using a new set of aligners to straighten your teeth gently and effectively. Although you'll still visit your Andover dentist periodically to check your progress, you won't have to worry about adjustments.
Invisalign treats a variety of issues
The Invisalign system corrects the same orthodontic issues that metal braces do. They're a good choice if you have an underbite, overbite, crossbite, open bite, crowding or gaps between teeth. If you're an adult, you may only need to wear Invisalign aligners for about a year. Teenagers usually wear the aligners for the same amount of time required for metal braces.
Invisalign is the most flexible brace system
Although your aligner trays aren't very noticeable, there still may be times when you would rather not wear them. Whether you're attending a special event or playing your favorite sport, it's no problem to remove your trays for a few hours. Because you'll also remove your aligner trays for meals, you can eat foods that are off limits for traditional brace wearers, such as popcorn, nuts, sticky candy and hard vegetables.
Are you ready to straighten your teeth with Invisalign? Call Drs. Papapetros, Giraldo and Kharin, your Andover, MA dentists at Dentistry by Design, at (978) 475-5333 to schedule an appointment. Improve your smile with Invisalign!