Have you seen the commercials for Invisalign but aren't sure if the system is the best option for your orthodontic problems? Invisalign, the newest orthodontic treatment method, provides an effective and discreet way to straighten your smile and correct bite problems. Andover, MA, dentists Dr. Nicholas Papapetros, Dr. Jhon Giraldo, and Dr. Leo Kharin of Dentistry by Design offer Invisalign treatment to help you look your best.
Is Invisalign a Good Choice for Me?
Invisalign offers a few benefits that you won't receive with traditional metal or ceramic braces. It may be a good choice if:
- You Want to Straighten Your Teeth but Don't like the Look of Metal Braces: True to its name, Invisalign is practically invisible. Instead of wires and brackets, the system uses clear aligner trays to realign your teeth. If you've been looking for a more subtle straightening option, Invisalign may be the ideal option for you.
- You Want to Correct Crowding or Spacing Issues or Address a Bite Problem: Invisalign is just as effective as traditional braces in correcting bite problems, eliminating overlapping teeth due to crowding, or getting rid of gaps. Severe or complicated bite problems may require treatment with metal braces.
- Your Motto IsThe Simpler the Better: Wire braces definitely make your life more complicated. To avoid damage to them, you would need to skip hard or sticky foods during the entire course of your treatment and would have to spend much more time than usual on oral hygiene. None of these restrictions are needed with Invisalign, as you'll remove your trays to brush, floss, eat, and drink anything other than water. Apples, carrots, and gum will be of no problem!
- You are Disciplined: Invisalign aligner trays are designed to be worn for 22 hours per day, however, they can be taken out from time to time for special occasions. If you keep them out of your mouth too often, you may delay your treatment, but as long as you're disciplined and follow your Andover dentist's wear instructions, you'll soon notice an improved smile.
- You Want Straighter Teeth as Soon as Possible: Invisalign offers quick results for adults. In fact, you may only need to wear your aligner tray for about one year. The usual treatment time for teens applies whether you choose Invisalign or metal or ceramic braces.
Are you ready to choose Invisalign? Call Andover, MA, dentists Dr. Nicholas Papapetros, Dr. Jhon Giraldo, and Dr. Leo Kharin of Dentistry by Design at (978) 475-5333 to schedule an appointment today!